So here are some of my favorite pix I took while walking for a few hours this last Thursday, around downtown Lima. Tonight I went with my mom and a friend of hers downtown again for a supposed baroque concerct I was super excited about, but that didn´t happen, so we walked around, and I took some, I think, nice shots of some of the buildings with the night lighting that looked really pretty... that´s for next time...

So here come the pix...
and there's a whole lot of them...


Bus Ride
Typical bus ride, on the way
to downtown Lima.


Virgen Mary
A statue outside one of the many Churches

Jesus
One of the many Jesus statues


Saint Rosa of Lima

Jesus on the Cross

Dead Jesus Statue
And some people around it, putting
bandages and stuff on it? Weird


Bible Sign
"Get your bible now! 39 Soles (12 bucks).
With this bible you'll find the peace and truth
you're searching for in your life."


Old Man
Asking for some change

Old Woman
Asking for change

Church Steeple
I like this old style architecture.

Spikes and Religion
I like the angle of this shot, and
what it represents.

Chicken Little
Outside one of the Churches...
wtf?


Red Church
I believe this is the Church
of Saint Rosa.


Jesus
Creepy looking statue, I think

Altar
A typical, beautiful altar.

Saint Rosa of Lima
I liked this statue.
Saint Martin of Porres
Another famous Saint from Lima


Chicken Little.. Again
I guess he's a born again Catholic or something

Se Lee Cartas
Funny sign, I thought, in a store where
thousands of Catholic statues and candles
are sold. Literally, "Cards Read (here)". And
yeah, they're talking about Tarot Cards.


Prayer
The Church wasn't open, so she prayed
at the doors of the entrance.


My Shadow
I like taking these type of shots

Cesar Vallejo
Famous Peruvian Poet.

Street Vendors
Selling Palms for Easter Sunday.
Crazy number of them, like this at
every Church we went by.


Military Statue
Some famous military guy.
Lots of these all over Lima, especially downtown.


Jesus carrying the Cross
I think it's creepy.

Security Guys

With their big ass doggies.

Begger
It was sad seeing this guy.

Lima Cathedral
I like this picture

Downtown Architecture
I think it's nice

Lima Cathedral
A closeup shot of it's beautiful ornamentation.

Lima Cathedral
A closeup of it's balconies.

Door Knocker
Closeup of one of the door knockers
on the Cathedral's doors.


Busy Plaza
A glimpse of how crowded and
busy the plaza was that day.


Statue
I liked this statue in a small plaza a lot.
I liked the angle of the shot as well.


Holy crap, that's it for this post... Don't expect so many pictures each time.

Comments

Popular Posts