Warning: big time rant coming up...


So since I left Peru to live in the states (Denver, Colorado) back in 1998, I haven't had my Peruvian passport nor did I ever have a need for it, since I had my U.S. passport which worked fine for all my traveling purposes. Anyways, I figured it was about time I got my Peruvian passport again, so I went to the Peruvian-passport-getting-location yesterday at 8am in order to get that taken care of.

After two and a half hours of waiting in line, where "older" citizens and "handicapped" people (read: 16 year old girl with her foot wrapped in bandages faking a limp, and a "blind" man reading some papers) would continuosly cut in line, I finally got to the good part. Aaaand was turned away because of some stupid (Peruvian) ID issues. Long story short, I had to go get my legalized birth certificate, which had changed places of where to get it, and took another hour of line... only to be turned away and to come back the next day. By this time it had taken me from about 8am till about 3pm to get all of this junk "taken care of".

But today was a different story, at least. I got my birth certificate right away and was taken care of rather quickly at the Peruvian passport place. I got my picture taken and I'm going back tomorrow to (finally) get my Peruvian passport.

Comments

Popular Posts