I'm in Seoul, South Korea

So I got in town about 8 hours ago, it's 8am Tuesday morning now. In about an hour Judy, my boss, should be coming by to pick me up to take me to my new job, crikey :p. I'm going to copy/paste what I wrote at a couple of the airports yesterday before I got too tired and lazy to do so ( I traveled over 24 hours straight on planes and waiting at airports). I'm pretty pooped now, since I got in at midnight, and didn't go to sleep till about 3am, since I was able to get online, and took a shower, etc. etc. But anyways, here's the copied text I wrote from yesterday: -------------

7:40am Memphis Airport

I’m sitting at my gate, waiting for my 8:30ish flight to Seattle. I didn’t go out last night (in Mobile), and fell asleep probably by 11pm at the latest. I got up at about 2am or so, and my uncle Mike was awake as well, so after about 30 mins or so, we went to the airport with my aunt Elizabeth super early for my 6:10am flight. Yeah, we got there a little before 3, then waited about an hour and a half for the northwestern airlines people to arrive. I got a frequent flyers number thingamajig, got my tickets, and said goodbye to Mike and Liz.

With Mike, Liz, and my cousin Claudia's baby, Ayden
Mobile Airport (notice noone is there)

My hour-plus flight from Mobile to Memphis was quite uneventful, with a mid-flight pepsi, woohoo. I’m pretty friggin hungry by now, since I only had 3 donuts and some milk for breakfast, so I might get a bite to eat, or I might just wait till I get something on the airplane. But then again, I’m really hungry.

And of course, there’s a bunch of WI-FI Zone signs all over the place and, of course, as soon as I tried to log on, they conveniently display their 10 dollar per day price to connect, which disgusts me pretty badly… Then again, if I were to ever need the service, today might be that day, since I’d probably have the WI-FI area available again at NWA’s terminal at Seattle, but neh… screw that.

So up next is my 4.5 hour flight to Seattle. Yay. I’ll probably watch some podcasts during that flight (I downloaded quite a few of the Clerks 2 podcasts, which are quite entertaining). I still also have my National Geographic Travel magazine, Smithsonian magazine, as well as my Revolver (music) magazine. That and a Sudoku magazine I bought the other day too; fun stuff.

Word.

12pm or so

So now I’m at the Seattle airport, about half starved to death, but I want to make sure I get my lappy charged up real good before I board my THIRTEEN HOUR FLIGHT. Yay. I watched through some Tiki Bar and Liam Lynch Podcasts during the last flight, which helped a lot, but the lappy battery only lasted about a couple of hours (or maybe 3) because it was playing video, apparently.

I also did some Sudoku, which is very addicting, but very frustrating without an eraser, and when I find out I messed up somewhere. There’s a couple of Asian ladies sitting next to me (I can’t tell if they’re Japanese or not, I think they are; not Korean). Oops, there they go. Apparently the stop between Seattle and Seoul is Tokyo (woot), which should at least break up the last little leg of the flight a bit, although I guess it just delays the flight… Damnit. When I first got here I didn’t see the Seoul departure gate at the departure-gate-teller-thingie so I was like, “huh?” but I was promptly informed of the gate, and noticed the aforementioned Tokyo stop before reaching Seoul.

Right now, as I’m charging my lappy battery, I was playing some Mario Golf on my N64 emulator (video games for those who are like “huh”). I might play a little more in a bit as well, or I might just watch some podcasts, making the best of the power at the airport, while I charge my lappy. My belly’s a bumblin’ and a rumblin’ though, so I need to go do the ole food break pronto.

Really bad pic, but to show the flight plan between Seattle and Tokyo (very close to Seoul)


Landing in Seoul, amdist the craaazy crazy fog

Getting off the plane in Seoul


------------

Incheon (Seoul) Airport, approx. 12am
Speaking of bumblin' and rumblin', I'm super hungry right now, so I'm going to drink some water that's in the mini-fridge in the mini-hotel room I'm in right now, and I hope I can find something I can eat downstairs. Actually, I went down to the hotel convenience store at like 2am this morning, and it seems like they have a good selection of North American junk food, which I don't really want to eat, but it might be my only option until I get a Korean bank account, and a place to store my food. This is the view from my hotel window from last night.... And this is a link to the co-op/hotel where I'm staying at until tomorrow morning And finally, for now, this is a pic of my view right now: And let's see if I can get another video to work on here...

Wish me luck in Seoul...

Comments

anonymous said…
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

i am so excited for you! goodness. i think i am so excited because soon i will be following in your footsteps. i cannot imagine what you must be feeling right now. congratulations to you, on living this dream.
Anonymous said…
I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»

Popular Posts