So far, Ollanta Humala is winning the elections, with about 30% of he votes. In Peru, you need at least 50% plus one vote to win the elections, or else you go to a 2nd date of elections, with the top two candidates. Right now the top two are Ollanta (a nationalistic ex-military guy) and Lourdes Flores, an extreme rightist. And Alan Garcia, an expresident of the eighties during whose regime you had to make 2 hour lines to get rice, with an insane inflation, is almost tied at third. It's sad that the country I was born in has such levels of ignorance, but it's true. I have to admit I'm not as caught up with Peruvian politics as I'd like since I've out of the country for the last eight years but I know enough to see the evil of these candidates...

But anyways, I'm not going to pretend I'm a political expert, but just wanted to rave about the shitty political situation that's going on.

Ollanta Humala

Lourdes Flores


Alan Garcia

Comments

Popular Posts