Bukansan Hiking

So yesterday, Saturday, I went and played some frisbee with Jackson, one of the newest additions to the teachers at my school, with whom I often play ping pong, and throw the frisbee around. We went to Yoido Park, which is a really nice park about 10-15 minutes from where I live. Then we went back home and ate, and met up and played some ping pong at school (yeah, we're addicted). *Then* I ran off to Itaewon (the main foreigner district where foreigners go to hang out with other foreigners) to get my oatmeal. I'm not a big fan of the place, so I took the 30 minute subway ride over there, spent 5 or 10 minutes buying a bunch of oatmeal (can't find it anywhere else) and went back home ^-^.

Here's a random pic of the subway station that's 5 minutes from my house.

Here's a picture of Yoido park yesterday, beautiful day (same as today, hurray).
Today, I went with my friend Christie to Bukansan Park in northern Seoul (about an hour subway ride plus bus). It was an amazing hike, but super exhausting. I think we (or at least I, for sure) had more than we could handle. I left my house around 8am, started hiking around 9:30am or 10am, and didn't stop walking in the park till about 4:00 or 4:30pm. Craziness.
And here I am at Bukansan park today.

And here comes my photo diary of the day:

Here I am by some pretty temple and statue.
Some nice statues inside the temple


Another view of the statue outside

Here I am climbing up some crazy paths with a Korean rock climbing group we met with during the hike.
Another statue on the way up

Here we are with the hiking group we met up with

Another picture of me and the pretty scenery

Here's a view of what they were soon going to climb

And a closeup of the cool ascent
And here's our buddy, Brian (English name), who spoke to us in English and invited us to join his group:
Here's a shot of the climbing leader singing some mountain songs with the others; great stuff..

And another picture of mee with a bunch of trees
A picture of my poor, super exhausted feet...

Here's some random guy milking it for the camera...


And yours trully...

word.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Christian, hola, cómo estás, soy tu tía Anne, he visto tus fotos y están realmente hermosas, veo otro mundo, lamentablemente no hablo el inglés, por lo tanto, no entiendo lo escrito. Al ver cada foto, trato de imaginarme que puede ser.
¿Dime esos niños son tus alumnos?

Cuéntame cómo te va. Cómo es la idiosincracia de los surcoreanos. Y qué dice la música.

Popular Posts