Field Trip : Dyeing shirts and what not

So today we went about 40-50 minutes away from our school for a field trip in Anyang, outside of Seoul. We went to do some t-shirt dyeing. It was a bit short, but pretty fun, and a nice time to just hang out and be goofy with my students rather than have to run through the different English courses. I always love it when I have the chance to just have fun with them.

Here's the bus as we start leaving the metropolitan sprawl of Seoul out towards some of the surrounding mountains..


Here's Paul and Heechan, before we started dyeing...
And here I am with my kids, dyeing our clothes that we were given (thanks to Jiwon for taking pictues ^^)

Here's a shot of some of the different clothes hanging on the lines..


Here I am in a pretty cute picture, I think, with my kids
And I then tied my cloth to my head, in an everlasting attempt to look goofy, I guess?

And here I am with some of the kids from my class, on the ride home. Of course, as soon as I had mine, everyone laughed, but soon thereafter, *everyone* had them on, and I could see some other kids in other classes with some on too, so there you have it...

And, finally, a pic of Erik, doing his best pirate imitation...
And now, this weekend, I found out that I'm some kind of frequent shopper from Adventure Korea, since they're letting me tag along on one of their weekend trips, which is awesome. That's 70,000 won (around 70 US dollars) for free, woot. It should be really interesting, because it's a type of Temple stay with Confucian teachings and that type of thing, which should be really enlightening. That's on Saturday and Sunday, so I hope to get lots of nice shots out in the wilderness.

word.

Comments

Unknown said…
Me encantaron las fotos y me parece lindo que hagan tantas actividades divertidas con los enanos. Ademas se ve que realmente disfrutas lo que haces asi que de hecho que eso lo reflejas y eres un excelente profe. Los chiquitos se ganaron con mi chinito!!
ma
Anonymous said…
Hey I took one of those pictures of you and your kindies in the bus. I think it looks professional!!!!^^

Liz

Popular Posts