A note on my new school year

As of last Friday, as I have said before, I received new kindergarten students. They're definitely more of a challenge than my old students, who know English better than a lot of older Koreans I know, because these new students are almost absolute beginners.

It's a great challenge, but it's also a great sense of achievement to know that I'm helping them learn the foundations of the language as well as other important skills. It'll be a tough and exhausting six months of teaching these kids, but I'm sure it'll be rewarding as well.

I can feel myself coming closer to them, as well as them towards me, and I'm sure as they settle in to their new environment, they'll get more used to me and to each other. I can already sense myself leaning towards some more than others, which is unavoidable. I always try to be fair and give equal attention to all the students, but there are definitely some that pull on my heart strings more than others; in particular this cute, cute girl named Rachel.

Here's a video I filmed today or yesterday of them practicing their capital As - down down, across!



And here's a couple of pictures I've taken from the last couple of days as well.

Here they are playing ring around the rosie, which they find incredibly entertaining.



And a picture of Rachel, the smallest girl, and overall, in the class. (my possible new favorite ^_^ )



And finally, I was shocked when I saw this a few days ago, from work. After the weather had warmed up to even go to Yoido park with (my coworker) Jackson to throw some frisbee... the weather has plummeted these last days, and it's freezing once again. This time, it should only last another week or two - or so I hope!


Comments

Unknown said…
Parece que te vas a divertir con tu nueva clase; es un reto pero creo que lo vas a hacer muy bien. Mientras tanto, esperemos que mejore el clima por allá para que te sientas aún mejor. Por ahora abrígate bien.
Te quiero mucho!!

Popular Posts