First day teaching

12:51pm
So I just finished teaching my morning (kindgergarten class) and I really enjoyed it. I think they're incredibly smart for their age (six years old and speaking another language -English- practically fluent I think is awesome), and are for the majority of the time incredibly behaved as well. Right now I'm in the teacher's lounge because I was excited to write down my first thoughts before I forgot, beause I seem to always forget things I wanted to write on my blog if I wait too long. And in about 15 minutes I should be meeting with Judy, one of my supervisors, to go open my bank account a couple of offices down the street so that I can have that going well, and pay for this trip I'm doing on Saturday and Sunday, which should be amazing.

I went walking and on the subway yesterday with Darren, my fellow teacher and upstairs neighbor, and that was fun. We took the subway and connecting subway to Itaewon which is the foreigner/touristy area which wasn't something I *really* wanted to do, but it was actually pretty cool to see non-Koreans. Don't get me wrong, I love love love the fact that I'm finally in a country where I don't speak the language, and everyne around me is different. I think that's awesome, and really excites me and what not. I'm really sad that I didn't have my camera with me, because I could have taken some neat pictures of different stuff like my first subway ride and other cool stuff, but I guess I can take pictures of that later. I also had my first Korean food, which Darren introduced me to. I forget the name but it had lots of vegetables first (some of which I tried, and was ok) and then some raw pork meat that they barbecue right in the middle of the table, really good stuff. Youwrap it in some lettuce with potatoes and mushrooms, and it was really good.

Anyways, I just wanted to get that down, since my internet wasn't up and running at the house earlier. They supposedly fixed it during my morning classes this mornin, so I should be able to get online this evening and maybe take some pictures/videos of my apartment and/or neighborhood soon.
word.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Man, I'm wishing I could visit. Would be nice to go someplace different for a change. I'm glad you're enjoying it.
Anonymous said…
I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»

Popular Posts