Beijing - Day 1

Quick update, I have internet at the hotel room, so I figured I'd at least post some updates on how today has been, and then I can post pix later...

Here's what I've written so far:

8am
Darren (coworker) and I took a 2,900 Won (about 3 bucks) taxi to Building 63, and after about 15 minutes, boarded the airport shuttle which cost 13,000Won (about 14 bucks or so). The ride took, about 40 minutes or so. Got to the airport around 7:15am, checked our bags, and I changed my Won (300,000 - about 300 bucks) to the Chinese Currency which turned out to be 2,200 and some change while Darren got his reentry Visa (which I already had taken care of).

Then, I had a immunity booster from Smoothie King, since I feel like I'm catching a cold, while Darren got his money exchanged. Our flight was delayed about an hour to an hour and a half, so we left around 11:20, instead of 9:40am.

We arrived in Beijing around 12:30pm. Luckily, it turned out that the only 3 other guys from the tour group were on our same flight, so we all left at the same time. As we waited for our carryon luggage, I went to the bathroom to pee and after I washed my hands, the friendly bathroom cleaning guy offered me some paper to dry my hands, but that suddenly turned ackward when, after I said "Xie xie" (thanks), he raised his hand with a coin in it. I was like mmmm.. I don't have any change... So yeah, that was weird.

Our tour leader, who goes by the English name of Wendy, took us to the Temple of the Heavens, which was really nice, but way way *way* too crowded. There were a few very many beautiful wooden temples. I bought some very touristy playing cards which were very cheap, and have some cool Chinese pictures on them :p We were done about 3:10pm

Then, we went to a really nice Tea House, where we tried lots of different types of teas, and then bought our favorite, which for me is Oolong Tea, which I'm probably misspelling.

Afterwards, we went to the Chinese Acrobats Show, which was quite amazing. That was from 5:15pm to 6:15pm, and they did some pretty crazy stunts. Really good stuff. Pictures (and video?) to come soon.

Now it's 9:50pm and we're at our *very* nice 4-star Best Western Hotel. The only thing that kinds super sucks is the fact that the pool and gym are apparently out of order?? Psh I say!
Oh well, maybe next time.

OK, way too much battery time used, I will try and write again tomorrow, after we go to the Great Wall and the Ming Tombs and all that good stuff.

word.

Comments

Popular Posts