Overdue update..

So it came to my attention that I haven't been updating my blog quite as much as I used to, so here I go...

I've been settling into a nice routine at work, just finished taking my second month's monthly exams. So that means it's been just about 2 months now since I've been in Seoul, which seems pretty friggin amazing to me. Time has just flown by.

My weekly schedule is as follows:
I wake up around 7 or 8 or 9 am depending on my amount of laziness. I then either work out or don't work out; again, depending on my laziness level. Then I eat either oatmeal or some scrambled eggs or what have you. Then, I take my nice morning shower and walk the vast distance of time and space for about 7 minutes to work.

I usually get to work between 9:30am and 9:55am (closer to 9:50am usually). My kindergarten kids arrive around 10 till 10 every morning. I have them till 12:40, where I have my hour lunch, and then come back for another 40 minutes from 1:40pm till 2:40pm.

On Mondays, after lunch, I get a nice relax time, since I take my kids downstairs for their P.E. (gym) class, which is given in Korean, by the Korean gym teacher. It's always really cute to watch them do their fun kid stuff, and today I finally took some pix... here you go:



Apparently, the purpose of that exercise was to... touch each others' noses?? mmhmm!

Anyways, my Kindie kids leave the school at 2:30pm, and depending on the day, I get different age/level kids from about 2:40pm till 5:30pm.

I get home at about 5:40/45 pm or 6:00pm if I stop to get pizza on the way home (which I do as a treat for being such an awesome human being about once or twice a week). Great pizza, for only 5 bucks for a nice medium pizza which fills me up quite nicely.

Then, about once a week I go on my Korean class with Jiwon (which I'm kicking ass in) and another day I go with her friend Songjin for my Chinese class (which I'm not so much kicking ass in). Here's a pic of us from Saturday evening, when we went to an Italian restaurant called Nolita in Myongdong (Seoul neighborhood).



Earlier, I went walking around Nandemun ( I think that's what it's called haha ^^) and took a pic of a nice big, old Gate, in the midst of the office buildings, and a nice looking statue...



And later on, as we were walking around the downtown Seoul area, I came upon this father/daughter power combo that was just too cute to pass up:



After dinner, we went to Samchongdong, which I'm sure I'm misspelling, where we ended up at a live Jazz bar, which was nice. Here's the band that was playing there..


During their break, and before we left, I gathered some courage and played the few chords and rhythms I can play on the piano, and then Songjin gathered her courage and played some great piano for us as well.. good times..


And here's a pic of us afterwards, as we were leaving La Cle...
And there you have it
Good times..

I leave for China on Sunday, so I'm guessing I should be able to get some neat shots of Tiananmen Square, the Great Wall, etc. etc.

word.

Comments

Popular Posts