My new normal

 As I may or may not have mentioned previously, I took a year off from teaching starting in December of last year.  I'd been teaching for two and a half years at "Nuestra señora del Carmen" (Carmelitas) high school in Lima, Peru.

In mid-December of 2019, after having asked for, and getting, my unpaid leave from my high school job, I flew to Denver Colorado.  I stayed with a childhood friend, Henry, and his wife for a couple of days while I bought my 2012 Toyota Prius.  I then registered it in South Dakota, as I got my residency and driver's license there (which is much easier than most other states).

Then I headed down South to Mississippi and Alabama, to visit family on my dad's side.  I was there until New Year's, and in January I did a loop around the Southeast, going up through the Natchez Trace Parkway, and down the southern part of the East coast around Florida.  I met my friend Ana Lucia in Miami and we went to Disney and Universal Studios together.

Then I started going East towards national parks through Arkansas, Texas, and New Mexico, but had to head back because of Corona around mid March.  I stayed with family until about the end of May, then with a Couchsurfing friend for the month of June, and in July I headed back out, and up Northwest towards Montana.

I think I did already mention all this.


Added information would be that I've started my Target job last week, where I'll be working in Tech part time for the months I'll be here (probably until the end of the year).  I had a bit of an issue because when I drove home one night, I had fuzzy light problems seeing.  After discussing it with HR and my supervisor, they were worried for me to stay if I would be in danger, but it's all been discussed and I'll continue as usual.

I think that's it for now.  I really hope I continue to write.


 

Comments

Popular Posts