Sore throat (another post I never published, from June, 2006)

So I have a crappy sore throat cold that I caught over the weekend. hurrah. That's the most likely reason why I haven't updated my blog in a few days. Not so fun to write when you feel like crap. That and the laziness, of course. This past Saturday was fun; I was invited to a Korean Rock/Pop (more like straight-up rock) concert at the Olympic Stadium. The band was called Yoon Band, and apparently they're quite the popular band nowadays, especially since they play the "world cup song" (or whatever it's actually called) and being that the World Cup just started (With Korea playing tomorrow), everyone loves them. Judy, my supervisor, had tickets since her cousin plays bass for them and invited a couple teachers from work and myself, which was awefully nice of her. The crap part was that it was raining pretty hardcore all day on Saturday, and I got my socks quite wet throughout the day, and they stayed soaked throughout the night untill I got home. I'm quite sure that's what got me sick, but I can feel it finally going away. I'll take a bit more cold medicine before I try to go sleep again (I couldn't sleep, so here I am). Oh, so I guess I should post a couple pix from the last few days... hmmmm... Holy crap.. this is always the hardest part for me... choosing what pix to choose from all the amazing pix I have.. I'm not saying I'm a great photographer, but rather that it's so easy to get awesome shots with the great stuff around here. So before going to the concert on Saturday, I went to the Korean War Memorial Museum, and took a few shots. Here's a shot of some badass swords in one of the million exhibits: Some old school clothing: A shield: One of the amazing huuge paintings around: And here I am with Judy (supervisor), Sarah, and Allyson: And here's the rockstar singer from the Yoon Band. These guys seriously amazed me with their rockingness, seriously. They put on a great show.
Anyways, on Sunday I walked around for about at least 2 or 3 hours. I ended up in Yeoido Island, which is only about 20 minutes or so away from my house. People refer it to the "Manhattan" of Seoul, which it did sort of remind me of, and it even had a Yeoido park, which reminded me a bit of Central Park from NYC. And these two Korean guys totally helped me out with showing me the way around, walking with me for like seriously 20 or 30 minutes, and even got me a bottle of water insisting on paying for it.. wow.
Here they are, thanks guys: A shot of the Senate on the way to the park: And a map of Yeoido Park: Here's a shot of a tree that I found to be interesting: And a nice little structure in the middle of the park: And a statue of King Sejong, one of the most important Kings from Korea's History: And I HAD to ask to take a photo of this puppy when I saw it with their owners, "shilye hamnida, photo??? gahnsamnida!" - "excuse me, photo? thanks!" And a shot of a lion statue deal on one of the bridges back from Yeoido Island to my neighborhood:

Comments

Popular Posts