In case you didn't yet think I was crazy...

Sure, winter has officially started, and sure it was freezing temperatures today...

*But* I figured it would be fun to go with my friend Brian (Korean hiker I met a while back while hiking Bukhansan a couple of months ago) to Seoraksan this Saturday.

Sounds like fun, right?

We leave at 10pm from Seoul... get to Seoraksan around 3am or so, and START HIKING at 3:30am, apparently? FOR 20 KMS.

FOR "13-14 HOURS"

holy sh*t.

Mom, grandma, and the rest will have to excuse the ole cuss word there, but I can't help it.

That's pretty crazy standards, even for my own crazy standards.

But it should be fun to try out my new 10 dollar hiking backback I just bought in the market last weekend. This will be *by far* the longest, craziest (and quite possibly most beautiful) hike I've ever done.

I was in Seoraksan in early Summer when I just got here (here's that post) and was blown away. Now, with the fall colors... if it's anything as beautiful as it's been in Seoul, it should be amazing.

word.

Comments

Unknown said…
Christian, espero que vayan con mucho cuidado, tu sabes cuidarte pero toma todas las precauciones. Me parece que con tanto frio y tanto rato va a ser una experiencia dificil, pero me imagino que debe ser lindo el paisaje y que valdra la pena el esfuerzo. Anda bien abrigadito!!
Un besito, mucha suerte!!
ma
can't wait to see the pics...........keep 'em coming

Popular Posts