So I want to desperately catch up with my picture posting before I get to Seoul and start posting lots of pix from there, so here is a (looong) pictures post of the last couple of weeks I was in Peru, my trip from Lima to Mississippi ( I am posting most of those actually in the older post about my trip), and some from Mississippi/Alabama.

So, we start with a “Coati” ( I think that’s what it’s called ) that I stumbled upon my walk from Miraflores to Barranco, in Lima. This is an animal from the Peruvian jungle that the lady had as a pet, and was walking around the park…

“Madonna” (the coati) then proceeded to sniff my leg…

Here’s a little artsy farts park picture I took on the way (overlooking the ocean)

And a sculpture that I thought was pretty within Barranco.

I really liked this one, in Barranco’s main park/plaza area.

Gotta have the mandatory Virgen Mary statue in there somewhere… Come on now, its Peru.

And now, on to one of my many Flamenco nights, the one time I saw this guy dancing (instead of Margarita, the regular dancer)… pretty cool

And him dancing with another of the Flamenco dancers.

And now we’re on to my mom’s graduation ceremony, where she got first places in her class! Very nice..

My brother Gaston and I were very proud

And now some pictures of the only show I played with Enslave (www.enslave.com.pe) in Lima. Good show…

You gotta have the random piece of crap car picture in there for good measure… Geez..

Aww, and a picture of some of the children at the last meeting I had with them (in “El Agustino”, a very poor part of town) and my volunteer group (MAGIS). I *really* really miss them (the volunteers, my friends) and the children.


And an old lady sitting by the bus stop in El Agustino.

This was later that night, hanging out with Luis and Paola at a modern dance festival in the park by my house… I like how this picture turned out.

Me editing a video for the youth group “JUPEFF” from Huachipa. There we all are, in my room, in the middle of editing the video, good people, I tell you.

I think this is a sad picture… Here I go again, posting sad pictures of the sad reality of the immense poverty that Peru has.

A “macro” shot of my mom’s beat up car radio :p

Another flamenco night…, I would have REALLY liked this picture if it weren’t for the damned glass in the way.

Now we’re at my brother’s *30th* birthday (wow). This is him, having fun at the lunch.

His dog, Ipiki (I hope I spelled that right).

And a picture with his immediate family…

Left to right it’s me, his sister Melissa, Melissa’s son, my mom, Analia’s daughter Alejandra, Gaston, Analia, Gaston’s dad (Gaston), and his brother Bruno.


And here I am the night before I took off, with my friends Tito and Juan Carlos, from the youth group JADAT from Huachipa as well.

And with Jaime and Lucho, guitarist and vocalist from Enslave, the band I played with during my short time in Lima.


REALLY bad picture of me and my cousin Leonardo, but had to post it, I thought my facial expression was hilarious… I believe I was telling the photographer what button to push?


With my friends Luis and Paola, from the MAGIS volunteer group.


The blues band that was playing that Monday night, at the Jazz Zone.


With my friends Roberto and Zarella.



The VERY foggy morning I left, right outside my mom’s apartment building (very close to the beach).


My mom, brother and I at the airport… seconds before I walked away to my gate :o((( I miss them a lot.


Now we’re in Mississippi

Here are my aunt Karen’s horses J.J. and Jules

And my grandma (Betty) messing with some flowers. I love her to death.


Aaand that’s about it for now... (I'll post the trip pix as soon as I got a chance, that took a long time...)

Comments

Popular Posts