Time to start blogging again

So... I got a new (used) pentium 4 desktop from Yongsan, one of the main Seoul electronics department a few days ago. So I was able to get my internet connection running again and start blogging again. But I also noticed, a few days after the break-in that the stupid thief had snatched my Sony digital camera battery charger (!?). Who takes a batter charger, I mean... really!?

So today I went back with my current couch surfer (my couch surfing profile) Camilla (from Finland, pretty cool!) to Yongsan to find some sort of battery charger, and settled on a no-name charger for 20 bucks which I figure is about the best deal I'm going to find nowadays. So I can finally charge my batteries again and take an insane amount of photos, from which I can choose to post on my blog. Back in business. Yay.

So here's Camilla:

And Jose Luis, from Spain,
who I hosted a few days ago:









A lot has happened, aside from my sad, sad laptop incident, in the past week or two. Yeah.... for example... umm... oh yeah, I had a work picnic yesterday, which was fun, I suppose? It was a bit unorganized, but it was interesting. I got a bit frustrated with some of the bus drivers as we played some of the games, since there was no coordination whatsoever and there were some pretty greedy non-sharing players, but overall it was a pretty good time.

And, as usual, the photographic evidence of the event....
Well, not really that many great pictures turned out from the picnic, so here's some of the bus drivers during the eating part of the afternoon:










And today I went with Camilla to Deoksugung, near City Hall, in downtown Seoul, which was pretty nifty, as far as palaces go.



Then, we saw some live drumming and dancing in the park at City Hall, which I always enjoy watching. They were doing some traditional drumming and mask dances. Good stuff.




And this mom and baby were just too cute:


Then, we walked through Chongyeggon (or something like that) stream, and found another drumming performance:

And, finally, I went with Camilla to COEX (a conference center) for the welcoming shinding for her conference on some Information Theory and it's applications, which I don't understand, even after she's tried to explain to me several times ^-^.


There. Finally, another post.

word.

Comments

Popular Posts