update

This last weekend I went to Tongyong, in the Southernmost part of the Korean Peninsula for the "Admiral Yi" celebration. It seems he defeated the Japanese by sea back when there were some serious issues between Korea and Japan.

Thing is, on Friday I went to buy a waterproof case for my Sony Digital Camera, and after trying it out to make sure it fit right, I left my camera at the store. I only realized this once I got back home a few hours later. I was., of course, pretty freaked out, but called Jiwon to see if she could please call that Saturday morning to the store, since I would be in Tongyong. That Saturday I talked with her, and bam, turns out the camera was still in the store. I love how honest the Korean people are with that kind of thing. I would neeever be able to do that in Peru, and probably not in the U.S. either.

So anyways, I wasn't able to take a bunch of cool pix and video with my camera, but at least I still have one, and then I went with my friend Liz from work, so we took some pix with her camera. I went bungee jumping, did a bunch of fun water sports, etc. etc. So hopefully we'll have a few good pix.

In the meantime, I'll post a pic that they put on www.adventurekorea.com (the group I've been using to explore South Korea - which is great) from the Mud Festival:


That part was pretty crazy, during the mud burying competition which my team (out of the 2 major teams) won. There were a bunch of huge Canon and Nikkon cameras with the huuuge lenses taking a million pictures all over the place, so who knows, maybe I'll be in some of their ads for next year's mud festival.

I'll post the pix from Tongyong as soon as I get them.

word.

Comments

Popular Posts