Back again...

So here I go again. It's been about half a year since I've written and was reading an article online about self improvement that was talking about how good it is to write all the time and what not, which reminded me of my sadly neglected blog, so here I am. I'm in Lima at the moment.

I've been here for what seems like a really long time, but has only been about a year or year and a half or so. I've been having a great past several months, meeting lots of great new friends through couchsurfing and other ways as well. Couchsurfing, as I'm sure I've written before, is an online traveling community where you host others that come by your town and you stay at other people's houses when you're on the road. It's a great community and system and I love being a part of it.
I'm also one of the Lima "ambassadors" for couchsurfing, which is basically a volunteer position where I welcome new members, help organize meetups and outings, and try to help as much as I can in general.

It's great and I love helping, but can definitely be a tough job at times. There's lots to do and I take it a bit too serious perhaps.
I've also thought about starting to work again on the audio for my brother's short film. He asked me to help him with it, and I was working hard on it, until he told me recently that the video editing process of it was coming along quite slowly. Then I definitely got lazy with it, but I figured I'd get back to it again.

What else... Oh, I've been thinking about going back to the states (Denver, again) to get my teacher's certification, since I really want to start teaching at nice, high end, schools in Lima, but can't without being an actual teacher (Versus someone who just teaches). As always, it's always an inner struggle when I leave home, since I hate to leave my friends and activities behind again. Especially when I meet some really special people. That versus the attraction of new travels and experiences makes for tough decisions to be made.


Right now I'm listening to the album "The Flying Cup" from the band Beirut, which I love, and gives you that special feeling when listening to. Great for background, meditative music, but can also be very powerful at the same time.


I don't think I posted on here yet, but I went up to Ecuador a couple of months ago, and had an amazing time meeting new friends and visiting beautiful cities and national parks and beaches. I met some great friends thanks to Couchsurfing and experienced lots of awesome stuff that I never would have had the chance to have done if not for CS.

Anyways, that's all for now, I think... maybe someone will read this, maybe not.
'till next time.

Comments

Popular Posts