Weekend with Couch Surfers...

So i had a couple of couch surfers these past few days and I went out with them over the weekend, trying to show some nice spots around town.

First, we went to Deoksugung Palace, near the downtown area, and took some shots...




I got a little artsy with some of the pix, so here's some sepia experimentation:


Here I am with Camilla from Finland and Yozef from Morroco (and currently lives in Belgium).
Then we went to Nandaemun Market.

Here's Nadaemun gate:

Then, we went to the Korean National Museum.

Here's a map of Korea on the map, just in case someone out there still doesn't know where it is:
A typical Korean stringed instrument:

A huge, 6-story stone pagoda:
Some beautiful gold handicraft:


Then, on Saturday, Camilla took a train to another Korean town for a couple of days, so I went out with Yozef, and took him to my favorite spot in Seoul so far, Changgyeongung.

I really love this place, and the colors were amazing now that it's Fall in Seoul. I'm glad to say Yozef really liked it as well.




Here I am with Yozef



A cute couple of kids by the pond...
After thaaaat, we went down the newly renovated stream that runs near downtown Seoul, which is a great walk, and then saw an excellent (my favorite so far) street performance of Korean music and dance... great stuff.




(as you might be able to tell, I really liked the dancing)


Great weekend. I'm glad I have the chance to have new international friends who also get my lazy butt out of my apartment during the weekends to enjoy this great city.

word.

Comments

Anonymous said…
You have some awesome pictures...i'm so glad your camera didn't get stolen.

Popular Posts