2009

So it's 2009 now. It's been almost a month since I've written, and I have a lot on my mind, so I figured it was about time to add a bit to my little ole bloggy blog that no one ever reads, but at least to get it off my chest.

I've definitely been feeling a bit down lately. I had a really nice, short, two-day trip last week, which was a lot of fun. I went to Huacachina, near Ica (south of Lima), where you can go sandboarding. It was loads of fun and on the second day we visited the beautiful natural reserve of Paracas where you can see TONS of birds, penguins, dolphins, and other good stuff. An all around great couple of days.

Except the bus ride home when they robbed me of a cell phone and my beloved (but well used) Nikon D40. :(

I felt really, really sad and lonely during the remaining two or so hours, especially since I wasn't able to get in touch with my mom or brother at the time. I eventually managed to walk home from the bus stop and met up with my mom who had just arrived and told her what had happened. She started with her usual "well you have to be more careful, yadda yadda"which never helps, but later gave me my much needed hug.

Anyways, I'm kind of over it.. but it just really made me sad and a bit depressed to think there's people out there in that type of necessity or with the lack of opportunities to have to resort to such a horrible act. It made me feel really empty and violated.

---

Anywho!! I'm definitely excited about another new year. :) It's still *great* to be alive and quite healthy. I'm very fortunate to be so healthy and have all that I have, living in such comfort. There are so many who are sick or who don't have a home to sleep in, or food to eat. I'm quite grateful that I have all that I have.

I hope to do better this year than last. Try to get out there more and do something meaningful. Big hugs to everyone. :)

Comments

Courtney said…
Hey buddy- you should write in this lovely journal of yours again. - Court
Anonymous said…
hey, don't give up! write more please!

Popular Posts